What you should know about Hills solar hot water warranties.
- Hills is no longer in the business of solar hot water. However, we can still get parts under warranty from a third party.
- The warranties that existed when you purchased your Hills solar hot water system are valid up until their original expiry date.
- We can still provide spare parts for Hills solar hot water systems. The cost of the parts are covered as per your original warranty conditions.
- While the Hills solar hot water parts that are covered by the Hills solar hot water warranty will not cost you anything, the labour to install them will.
- Most Hills stainless steel hot water tanks have a 10 year, parts only warranty, from the date of installation.
- Most Hills solar hot water manifolds will have 10 year, parts only warranty, from the date of installation.
- All other components on your Hills solar hot water system in Canberra will only have a 2 year warranty.
- A broken solar collector or leaking solar hot water tank are usually symptoms of another problem. The problem needs to be determined prior to a warranty claim being processed.
You don’t need to have a freezing shower tonight. Call 0408 438 888
It can take a week or more for your Hills solar warranty to be processed. While waiting on your Hills solar hot water warranties in Canberra or Queanbeyan to be processed, we can still provide you with hot water.
The Hills warranty process involves the following
- We inspect the system to determine what is wrong and what is the primary cause. You pay for this inspection.
- We write a pro-forma report for the Hills solar hot water parts supplier.
- The Hills parts supplier reviews the report and makes a determination.
- If your warranty claim is denied, we provide you with a quote that includes all parts and labour. You pay for all parts and labour.
- If your claim is accepted, we provide you with the parts and a quote for the installation of those parts. You pay for the labour and parts that are not covered in the warranty only.
The parts that are not likely to be covered are.
- Pumps 2 year warranty from installation.
- Controllers 2 year warranty from installation.
- Sensors 2 year warranty from installation.
- Valves 2 year warranty from installation.
- Pipe work 2 year warranty from installation.