Quantum Heat Pumps
There are many considerations when choosing the best solar hot water systems. Heat pumps are chosen when roof space is not available for collectors or there is too much overshadowing of the available space.
Heat pumps are relatively scarce in Canberra. In 2009 -2010 a surge of installations occurred as part of a federal government scheme to limit the effects of the GFC. Many of the heat pumps installed were not suited to Canberra’s cold climate. The DUX Aeroheat Heat Pumps, Ecosmart heat pumps, and Rheem heat pumps caused the most problems for their owners and earned them a very bad reputation.
There was one stand-out with virtually zero failures. These were made by Quantum hot water.
Quantum heat pumps have had a long and proven history in Canberra with some installations occurring as far back as the very early 90’s.
With the aid of patents, Quantum monopolised its clever design that allows it to take heat from the air as low as minus 10°C. Therefore, the other manufacturers had to devise more complex, and sometimes archaic, methods to prevent their systems from freezing.
Most of the Compact Quantum Heat pumps are as easy to install as a standard electric hot water system. For installation they require a plumber and an electrician or a plumber with a restricted electrical licence. The split systems require a plumber with a restricted electrical licence, a refrigeration mechanic and possibly a licensed electrician.
Be sure that you only install them on the north or western side of your home in an area with plenty of air flow otherwise they will turn into blocks of ice.
We can repair and service all of the plumbing components and electrical components of these hot water heaters. If the refrigeration unit has a fault we can recommend a refrigeration mechanic who is familiar with Quantum heat pumps.
Quantum make commercial heat pumps as well.
The most common heat pumps for domestic hot water installations are
- Compact 150L Domestic 150-08ACW-134
- Compact 200L Domestic 200-08ACW-134
- Compact 270L Domestic 270-11AC4-134
- Compact 340L Domestic 340-11AC4-134
- Split 270L Domestic 270-11AS4-134
- Split 340L Domestic 340-11AS4-134
- Titan Compact 340L Domestic 340-17ACW-134
The Most common heat pumps for commercial hot water installations are
- Titan 1020 Commercial 1020-17ACW-134
- Titan Compact 340L Commercial 340-17ACW-134
- Titan Split 340L Commercial 340-17ASW-134 (340TiH-134)
Quantum has a new more efficient range of the AC6 too
- Quantum AS6 270L Split Solar Heat Pump Water Heater
- Quantum AS6 340L Split Solar Heat Pump Water Heater
- Quantum AC6 150L Compact Solar Heat Pump Water Heater
- Quantum AC6 200L Compact Solar Heat Pump Water Heater
- Quantum AC6 270L Compact Solar Heat Pump Water Heater
- Quantum AC6 340L Compact Solar Heat Pump Water Heater
The 4 other solar hot water heater categories are;
- The best Commercial solar hot water systems
- The best flat panel roof mounted – Domestic solar hot water systems
- The best premium Evacuated tube – Domestic solar hot water systems
- The best budget Evacuated tube – Domestic solar hot water systems
We can supply and install Quantum heat pumps for you. We can also install the Kelvinator and Siddons heat pump range.