Do you have a hot water system installed by Enviro Freindly Products in need of repair or service?
With more than 25 years experience in solar hot water and heat pumps, we can help you with your Hills evacuated tube systems and your Quantum heat pump systems. We repair and service all models including Hills Esteem l, Esteem ll and the Apollo range.
Do you need spare parts for your Hills hot water system?
We carry a huge range of hot water spare parts for most brands and models. If we don’t have it, is likely that we can source it for you. We carry spare evacuated tubes, hot water elements, hot water thermostats, valves, solar hot water pumps, pitched roof frames, sacrificial anodes, solar control stations, solar tank sensors and roof sensors.
Is your solar hot water system less efficient than it once was?
It is possible that it is attributable to the initial installation. We can diagnose the faults, and offer solutions to make the system more efficient and to extend its life.
Stop wasting money. Make your solar hot water
system more efficient today. Call 0408 438 888 NOW
10 Things you should know about your Hills solar hot water system and Quantum heat pump from Enviro Freindly
- Enviro Freindly Products were the prime reseller for Hills solar hot water systems in Canberra and Queanbeyan. Enviro Freindly ceased trading in 2013. This has left a huge number of Canberra and Queanbeyan households without any installation warranties.
- Hills ceased making solar hot water systems in 2014. The remaining tanks and collector systems were sold off. This has now left a huge number of Canberra and Queanbeyan households without product spare parts.
- Enviro Freindly was also a reseller of Quantum heat pump hot water systems. Quantum is still trading strongly across Australia. Any warranty issues will be honoured by Quantum Energy PTY LTD.
- All hot water systems require servicing at intervals not exceeding 5 years. Your Hills system has a temperature and pressure relief valve and high performance tempering valve. These solar hot water valves need to be replaced once every 5 years.
- Spare parts for the Hills solar hot water system range are very hard to find. Some parts such as sensors cannot be substituted with sensors from another brand or model. They will not work with the solar control stations. Some solar pumps will not be compatible with pump stations from different models or brands. In these cases, it is possible to retrofit a new pump station to the existing system. The pump station is complete with pump, roof and tank sensors, digital solar controller, flow meter and one way valve.
- The solar controllers supplied with your Hills Esteem l, Esteem ll and Hills Apollo systems have proven not to be the most resilient to external weather conditions. Diodes will light up on the controllers when a fault exists with the roof sensor or tank sensor. However, this simple diode display is not very helpful when diagnosing faults or tuning the system to maximize solar hot water efficiency.
- Burnt out components caused by overheating in your Hills solar hot water system are common. This is especially so if it was installed by Enviro Friendly Products. Their contractors were often working to a price, not a standard. Therefore, the pipe work between the solar collectors and the solar storage tank is likely to trap air and steam putting a lot of load on the solar pump, reducing its life. The collectors are commonly installed at the wrong pitch. This increases the heat load in summer and significantly reduces efficiency in winter. Burnt out steam release or automatic air purge valves are a common factor of overheating solar hot water collectors.
- The optimum flow rate between the solar collectors and solar storage tanks for a 315 litre, 30 tube system is 2litres per minute. Apricus solar hot water systems are supplied with variable speed pumps. The Hills solar hot water pumps are not variable speed. It is standard to have a throttling valve installed after the pump. However, this only loads up the pump. Most of the Hills systems we visit are either flowing too fast or too slow. Overheating in summer is often accompanied by frozen and split flow and return pipes in your ceiling in winter.
- You may be paying three times as much as you should be for hot water. Unfortunately, many Hills solar hot water systems in Canberra and Queanbeyan have not been installed in a way that will maximize solar hot water efficiency. Because of this, you should also expect a much shorter life and higher repair costs.
- It is possible to resolve the efficiency issues and to increase the life of your system. This will dramatically reduce your operating costs and maintenance costs. It will also ensure that you get a much longer life from your solar hot water system.