6 Things you should know about Solar Hot Water Servicing
- Like motor vehicles, there is a need for regular servicing of solar hot water systems. There are a number of safety valves fitted to your solar hot water system that need to be replaced once every 5 years. If these valves are not replaced it could result in a dangerous situation, reduced efficiency and a shorter life for your solar hot water system.
- If you call an experienced and qualified technician it is likely that they could tell you how to increase solar hot water system efficiency in your home. This would reduce the requirement for boosting, reduce wear and tear on your system saving you thousands over the life of the system.
- There are more than 140 solar hot water brands, some with more than 50 models that are available for sale in Canberra and Queanbeyan. This means you need to be sure that the person you call for your solar hot water servicing knows what the problems are and carries a huge range of solar hot water spare parts.
- Regular servicing of your solar hot water system can save you more than $500.00 every year. Too often we attend homes where the solar hot water system has never worked without boosting or has not been working for months. It is only after the homeowner receives one or more large energy bills that they realise they have a problem.
- Some servicing is mandatory. However, a biannual check up is relatively inexpensive when compared to the costs of no servicing at all.
- Regardless of whether you have evacuated tube solar hot water systems, heat pumps or flat panel solar hot water systems, we can help with a full range of solar hot water spare parts and we have skilled solar hot water technicians. This means you can have your system working as efficiently as possible- helping you save money and look after the environment.